Saturday 4 March 2017

FNwF and Friday Frolics...

....  again involved a little bit of creative timing because, as seems to be the case so often and was indeed again this Friday, I was quite busy.  A very good excuse this time - I spent ALL day helping my sister move house!  So, once more I fudged a little and started my FF on Thursday and then snatched a little bit of time on Friday evening once I had settled myself in my comfy stitching chair with a heat pack for my back (sore from all that bending and lifting and unpacking boxes) and a cat to cuddle.

But first, in case you do not know what I am talking about ...

Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics (or FF) is a SAL blog run by me to help us work our way through some of our WIPs and UFOs, each Friday.



Friday Night with Friends or (FNwF) is a monthly SAL, run by another wonderful SAL Mama, Cheryll, from Gone Stitchin' again to help us get some of our stitching goals accomplished.

If you would like to see everyone else's stitching for the various SALs, please click on the following links:

                                                       FNwF


                                                       Friday Frolics


Firstly, I worked on finishing this sweet Spring Celebrations design by The Primitive Hare.  It is a freebie which you can find here.

I found a scrap of overdyed fabbie and just managed to squeeze the design on it but I changed all of the colours to hopefully create a very sweet, very pastel, springlike feel.



Once I had finished this piece, I was too tired to go rootling around in my Girl's Nest for an old WIP, so I settled for a more recent one, one that I am finding very soothing to stitch.



Design: Do more of what makes you happy
Designer: Abbey Rose Designs
Fabric: 32ct Grey-spotted
Floss: Mixture of suggested and own choice over-dyed threads

These pics below show you where I got up to last time I posted about this piece in January - as you can see, I am close to finishing.






Anyway, enough "rabbiting" on from me for now - off to do some laundry and hopefully some sewing in my Girl's Nest.


hugs, 

Kaye

24 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Helping moving house is hard work. Lucky you could make an early start on your stitching. Lovely work.

Barb said...

I love the sentiments of that design, very pretty! You are a very nice sister!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very hard work...moving house. I love your projects and especially the pretty backgrounds you are using. Hope you are recovering x

Linda said...

Awesome progress Kaye.

Linda

Kay said...

I love both of them designs. The wonderful things about blogs is that you get to see so many lovely wins and inspiration from others, now I have 2 more designs to add to my 'must stitch one day list'. x

Mii Stitch said...

Great minds think alike! I am too currently working on this Abbie Rose design :)

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely work Kaye, they're both such lovely designs.

Brigitte said...

OH my, preparing a move can really be wearing one out. But great what you could stitch in spite of it. Very nice progress on Do More, and such a lovely spring piece finish. Good for you.

Vickie said...

Spring Celebrations is adorable with those colors you chose! Love it!

Maria said...

How nice of your help with moving sew it great to see you got to sit, relax and stitch.. Both project look great.

butterfly said...

Love your stitching , love the soft colours in the first one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have those Prim H freebies and intend to stitch them every year! I should definitely do more of what makes me happy - stitching and blogging!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Help the nurse while is in front of cross stitch!
You did well!
Hugs!

Julie said...

Loving your version of the Primitive Hare freebie, very pretty.
Wishing your sister lots of fun and happy times in her new home.

Susan said...

I think I would have collapsed rather than sewing - but your projects are so pretty.

Lin said...

I love your Spring Celebrations piece -such for gorgeous colours. xx

Sharm said...

Looks like you had a very busy Friday between helping with shifting and all that crosswork!

Rachel said...

Very pretty designs! I don't think I've ever seen gray-spotted fabric, I love it!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! I think Spring Celebrations looks lovely. Great color selection! :D

Janet said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the soft pastel colours you used for the spring one.

Astrids dragon said...

That is a very sweet stitch, I love the colours you chose for spring.
Yes, stitching = happy!

Justine said...

Two beautiful stitches Kaye. I love the colours you chose for the Spring one. Enjoy the Girl's Nest!

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely progress/finishes Kaye :o) Both projects are so pretty.. love the colour of the fabric for the little Primivite Hare finish
Hugs x

Heather said...

Great progress and finish :)

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...