About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Friday, 6 January 2017

I'm on a Roll ...

FFO #2.... Wee Santa 2016 by Heart in Hand Designs (finished in October last year) is now framed! Yay!

However, I do have a question, I have used a Mill Hill frame which has a holly design on it but I cannot make up my mind which way to place the holly.  I haven't closed the back yet with felt so I am asking you all for your opinion.


Which way looks best?


#1 

#2




#3

#4


Looking forward to reading what everyone thinks.

hugs, 


P.S. Please don't forget to check out my first little giveaway for 2017


21 comments:

I am said...

wow Kaye i love this stitchery,i love the first frame the best,well done on your beautiful finish.xx

Linda said...

Cute finish Kaye. I like the first one.

Linda

Mini said...

Cute finish.i like #1

Brigitte said...

This is such a sweet little finish. For me it would be #1.

Lesley said...

I love your Santa.
I would go with no.2 after much scrolling up and down the page:)

gracie said...

Great frame but I think #1 looks nice

KimM said...

I like one or two......
xxx

Laura said...

I like 1 the best.

Vickie said...

This is so adorable! I think #2.

Donna Golby said...

Love the Santa. #1 frame orientation for me. But what a dilemma

Donna

Stitching Cat said...

After scrolling many times and thinking that the 1st one wasn't my choice, I have now decided that I do like the 1st one best. Will be interesting to see your final finish.

deb said...

What an adorable Santa! I'd say option 1 or 2, but found myself wanting to pick up the big spray and put it on the left side in the second orientation (lol, clearly I think everyone needs *more* choices!)

Heather said...

Great finish! I like #1

Shebafudge said...

I like either one or two but I think I personally would go for 2. Gorgeous design though :)

Julie said...

Such a great frame for this lovely design.
For me, number 1 looked the best way round, but being left handed I often see things differently to others.

Bea said...

Another FFO! You really are on a roll. My choice is #2, but they all look pretty good.

Justine said...

What a cute stitch! It's a toughie on the frame. I think I would go for #1 but I also like #2.

Ariadne said...

No 1 because the pattern on the frame gets parallel to the Holly Jolly badge and balances the whole picture.AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great finish, you're really on a roll here! I'd say either 1 or 2 and I like Ariadne's reasoning too. She has a good eye for these things.

Astrids dragon said...

So cute! I like #1, sort of gives him something to "stand" on.

Sarah in Stitches said...

That's a lovely frame! I like the first one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...