Monday 3 October 2016

The Rainmaker....

... maybe that is what my new profession should be.  This is because I seem to have brought the rain up to Roma from Melbourne with me - lol!



However the rain did not deter us from visiting the gorgeous Moorelands Bush Nursery for some morning tea and a browse around the plants.  I think that I have mentioned that my DDIL's mother loves plants.



 Freshly made scones....

 Say hello to a wonderful couple, Lisa and Brad, who run the nursery and the Feed shed (cafe) on weekends as a hobby from running a cattle farm during the week.  Our Aussie farmers are a tough breed - not only do Lisa and Brad have both the cattle farm and the nursery/cafe, they are also great parents to their two boys.  Busy lives but so kind and friendly. It was a real pleasure to have a good old yarn with them today.  Thank you, Lisa and Brad, it was really great to meet you today.
 

Sophia with Lisa's dad, Ross.








If you would like to see more photos of the nursery, I took plenty on my first visit there, in July.

Okay, signing off on my fourth post for the day - boy, am I on a roll!  I am going to go swim some laps at the Roma swimming pool - the Denise Spencer Memorial Pool - I have had too much good living lately - lol!

                                                   hugs, 


9 comments:

Brigitte said...

The nursery must be a wonderful place to go around and loom at everything and then have fresh scones at the café. Makes me hungry to see them and I think I have to have breakfast now, lol.

gracie said...

Love taking a walk with you through the nursery and of course the café for scones.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Lovely pictures!! Looks like fun!

Julie said...

Nice eatables they served, it does sound a very friendly place.

Tiffstitch said...

That looks awesome! All nurseries should have a cafe like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye what a lovely post Lisa and Brad sound amazing and the plants look so healthy,what a lovely place to visit .

Barb said...

That looks like a wonderful plant nursery to visit. The food looked great too!

Bea said...

The plants are lovely and the scones truly yummy.

Heather said...

Come visit us in California we need the rain!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...