Monday 3 October 2016

Smalls SAL.... September Update...

A few Smalls to show you this month, as I am finally getting my act together early and starting writing this post on the 14th of the month (lol - no way that plan worked!).  I have not posted a Smalls SAL post since May - that means that I missed June, July and August.  Now, I know that I have stitched a number of Smalls since then - so here we go, let's play Smalls Catch Up!


Christmas Smalls finishes (mostly stitched as part of the Christmas Ornie SAL).... but let's start with my most recent Christmas finish, one that I stitched just because .... Wee Santa 2016 by Heart in Hand









Now onto the belated Christmas Ornie SAL Smalls finishes:

June: Love Letters

"Love Letters"
from "Joyeux Noel"
Blackbird Designs
28 ct Mocha Linen
My own choice of overdyed threads (as I had none of the suggested ones  - lol)

I am so very pleased with how this turned out.


July: Prairie Schooler Book #150 (snippet)

I am not overly thrilled with how it has turned out - not the design's fault but mine!  I made an error somewhere near the start, didn't pick it up until it was way too late, so had to ditch the idea of a border and create this snow "hill" instead - now it is a bit of an odd shape - may have to make it a bell-shaped ornie, I think, when I Finish Finish it.  Although, some other interesting shapes have been suggested to me, as well.


Prairie Schooler Book #150
December
28 ct Ivory linen
Suggested DMC floss

August: Believe in Christmas

"Believe in Christmas"
Samplers not forgotten
Fabric: Unknown 28ct
Floss: various from my stash



This design is from the JCS Christmas Ornie mag 2015.

September: Xmas Tea.... 



Xmas Tea
Designer: Primitive Acorns
Source: JCS Christmas Ornie Mag 2016
28 ct linen
Assorted floss from stash

It was a very sweet stitch.


Also, way back when, for my June Ornie for the Halloween Ornie SAL, I finished this piece....




"Crow on a Pumpkin"
Samplers Not Forgotten
JCS Halloween 2015 magazine
Using a mixture of my own choice of GAST, CC and WDW floss

I love the fact that the pumpkin is not orange!  And I am thrilled with my use of CC Queen Bee for the border on the right instead of GAST Gold Leaf - it looks quite unusual.

Happy, Happy Happy!

So, I think that I may leave my Smalls SAL post there, as it is now the 3rd of October and despite my very best intentions, this Smalls SAL post is now late - lol!

You can find the check in for the Smalls SAL here, so please go see what everyone else got up to this month.

hugs, 


16 comments:

Merry Wind Farm said...

Nice ornaments! You are getting a nice head start on Christmas this year, I always intend to do so but rarely seem to start until after Thanksgiving.
Melinda

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Kaye.

Linda

Stitching Noni said...

Love all of your Smalls finishes Kaye :o)
Hugs xx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely ornaments,especially Crow on a Pumpkin

Justine said...

A post worth waiting for...I love your Wee Santa and the Halloween pumpkin in particular. I've fallen behind with this SAL too.

Brigitte said...

Wow, such a lot of stitching to be seen here. Wee Santa and Xmas Tea would be my favorites but I also love the others. That crow on the white pumpkin is so sweet, but I love every design with birds,

Pull the other thread said...

So many amazing finishes, love them all. Well done.

Vickie said...

A post filled with sweet stitching Kaye!

Julie said...

Lovely collection ready for the festive season. Love letters is beautiful.

Bea said...

Wow, that's a lot of stitching Kaye! Beautiful projects and great finishes.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful finishes and stitching!

Ariadne said...

All so very beautiful!AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on a season's worth of smalls! I love the red thread in Believe in Christmas.

Von said...

So many wonderful projects! I'm especially taken with your version of "Crow on a Pumpkin"; the color choices are striking!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Some absolutely gorgeous Christmas finishes! And I love Crow on a Pumpkin. I agree - the white pumpkin is much more interesting! :D

Heather said...

Lots of great finishes! I adore the Believe in Christmas piece :)

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...