Friday 25 July 2014

Fabric, Fabric, Fabric .......

Well, I seem to have managed two Fabric buying expeditions this week!

The first was at Eureka Patchwork in Ballarat, Elizabeth could not have been more helpful. I ended up buying a range of fabbies but for some strange reason, most of them are cats! Now, I wonder why that is?  lol!

Some lovely Xmas FQs:


 Cat fabbie - there is a lot more in this range which I may just have to buy at some stage!



This is actually very black and just perfect for finishing off Halloween pieces!


I couldn't resist this pretty Japanese-inspired fabbie.


.... and I bought this one for Autumn and Halloween finishing.


.... and more cats....

The second expedition was with my dear friend, Anna, to L'uccello in the city.  Oh, my goodness! It must be one of Melbourne's best kept secrets!  Apparently it has been there four years and I had never heard of it - if you ever get the chance to go, please take it. She has the most divine fabrics and notions.  Heaven on a stick!

Even the bag she gives you your goodies in is divine!


... and look at the cute paper bags she uses...



... and here are my goodies....


I am going to make some covered measuring tapes, using the lilacy strawberry thief fabric from Liberty (top left corner).

Oh, everything was just too delicious, I also bought some Sajou stranded cotton which I am currently stitching a small project on - lovely to use.




Well, that is me for now, thanks for visiting,

hugs, 

17 comments:

Daniela Bencúrová said...

hilarious purchases! Everything is nice!

Christine M said...

Lovely purchases, Kaye. L'uccello is just the most gorgeous places to visit. I took Noel there when we had a wedding in the city and even he was impressed!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Ooooh I LOVE ALL your fabric... the cat ones are lovely :)
Cannot wait to see what you use them all with :)
Smiles :)

Margaret said...

Fantastic fabric buys! Love them all!

Barb said...

Wonderful fabrics and threads to add to your stash!

Frances said...

What lovely fabrics--especially the kitties! You will have wonderful choices for your next projects!

KimM said...

Holy Cats, Kaye! You're as crazy about cat fabric as I am about fabric that has tea-theme and dog-theme. LOVE IT!!!!!!!
hugs
xxx

Preeti said...

Lovely fabrics !! And that bag is lovely too:)

Vickie said...

What fun! Now if only I could score that many poodles fabrics at once!!

Thoeria said...

Those are just so lovely Kaye!! I had to wipe the drool off my screen :D

Linda said...

Lovely fabric Kaye. Of course, the kitty ones are my favorites.

Linda

Bea said...

Great fabrics! That is stash enhancement at it's best.

AnaCristina said...

Penny said...

You hit the fabric jackpot! And of course, the cat fabrics are my favorite. :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely fabric stashing! :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous stashing!!

Deb said...

What wonderful fabrics to add to your stash, happy stitching!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...