Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Day - Day one of 12 Days of Christmas in Blogland

Merry Christmas to all of my stitching friends in blogland.  I hope that you and your families have a wonderful Christmas Day.

Today is my first post for Evalina's 12 Days of Blogland (see badge on my sidebar) so I thought that I would post about our fabulous Christmas Eve tradition which we celebrate every second Christmas Eve (every other year, the family friends whom we share this tradition with are in Hawaii visiting relatives).

So, every second year the two families who have known each other since the two babies of the family (my DS2 and his counterpart) were 18 months old come together to celebrate Christmas Eve.  Last night we had BBQ lamb and pork, roast potato, honeyed baby carrots and asparagus. Then pecan pie and eggnog.  MY DD also made Christmas cupcakes.  We had such a fun time chatting about old memories and enjoying each other's company.  Here are some photos of the evening:









DH (with his bad back - can you tell by the way he is standing?) regaling the young ones with a story about the history of the dining table.



Christmas cupcakes made by DD
 ... and for something stitchy....  Here is the Christmas Stocking I made for DS2 many years ago:

Front
Back
Also, I am so excited - I won a runners up giveaway from Shirlee.  What a lovely Christmas surprise!  Thank you Shirlee.

Well, must go and do some last minute wrapping and, of course, some stitching.

A Merry Christmas from me and my family to you and yours.

Love you all, my stitchy friends.  Your support, friendship and blogs have meant a lot to me this year.

love Kaye xoxox

9 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas, Kaye.

beagleAnnie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Kaye.

Shirlee said...

Merry Christmas Kaye! What a fun celebration you had! Blessings, Shirlee

Chris said...

Merry Christmas Kaye!
Wonderful pics of your family celebration!!

cucki said...

beautiful post..
wishing you and your family merry christmas and a very happy new year..
love
cucki xx

Anne said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Hugs!

Loretta said...

Merry Christmas!

Love your pics!

Congrats on your win!

Lynn said...

Merry Christmas Kaye! It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time!

mdgtjulie said...

What a lovely tradition to have. I'm glad you enjoyed the evening.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...