Sunday 27 November 2011

Weekend Roundup

Hello lovely bloggers,

Well, lots to report on this 27th post in a row - go NaBloPoMo!  Only 3 posts to go after this one for a perfect record for the month.

As I posted yesterday, it rained really heavily here in Melbourne yesterday.  Very hard to believe as I sit here in brilliant sunshine today at 6.30pm.  Anyway, as promised here are some photos of the measures we had to take to combat the indoor showers:

The window in DD's bedroom

Leaking through DD's wardrobe - thank goodness she was not home to see this!

Our front hallway.

However, Saturday did have a bright note as we were invited to an engagement party which took place in the afternoon.  Now, being an ever vigilant cross stitcher, I espied these little darlings on the wall of the study where we placed our bags and jackets.






Aren't they cute?

And here is a pic of DH and I at the party and one of some of my friends.  My friend who has just got engaged is second from the left.



There was the most gorgeous chocolate engagement cake and very cute Red Velvet cupcakes:



I have been working hard on my La Belle Etoile SAL, here is my progress pic:


...and lastly, here is my TUSAL jar, with Furio looking after it for me:



Have a lovely evening everyone, stitching or blogging or any other fun thing that you are doing,

Hugs, Kaye xoxoxo

6 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, ia m happy finally it is sun is shining there and rain stopped..this is really lots of water leaking..
aww cute stitching pictures..i love them..the ducks are so sweet..
yummyyyyyyyyyyy cake..and looks like a beautiful party..you and dh are looking so lovely...beautiful pictures..
and your sal is growing so lovely too..keep well dear.love for you xxx

Shirlee said...

Lovely photos but so sorry about the rain falling inside : ( I've had experience with that in the past so I know how you feel. Isn't it exciting to go to a home you've never visited before & spy CS items here & there? Blessings, Shirlee

CalamityJr said...

You weren't kidding about the rain inside, but I'm glad you had it under control - and were able to leave for the party. Congrats to your friends. Thanks for sharing the lovely picture of you and your DH; it's nice to put a face to the blogging. I'm loving that SAL; wish I had taken part!

Linda said...

Hi Kaye. Great pics. Love the little framed pics at your friends house. Great progress on your SAL piece.

Linda

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Kaye! Oh no, there is nothing worse than having the rain decide that it likes the inside of the house! Fingers crossed you don't get too many more heavy down pours!

Isn't the cake and the cupcakes just heavenly... Looks like you had a nice time at the party :o)

Love your TUSAL pic... Furio makes a great model :o)

Hugs xox
http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Goodness but you have had problems with all that rain! I hope you can get this resolved.
Your party looks like it as a wonderful time.
I love your WIP and I adore that pic of Furio!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...