Sunday 13 November 2016

Cape Willougby, American River and Kingscote .... Kangaroo Island

On our first full day on Kangaroo Island, we visited Cape Willoughby, American River and the "capital", Kingscote.  Everywhere we went the view of the sea was stunning (I seem to be using that word a lot  lol!)

[Warning: pic heavy post]
Cape Willoughby....




 The lighthouse and the lighthouse keeper's cottages....






















The nearby cafe, Zest and Thyme....


I bought a new knitted cap, as it was a chilly day.


The drive to the rest of the island....




A visit to Dudley Wines was in order to taste some Kangaroo Island wines....










TraderVic hitting some balls across the gorge - look out for those cows!







Then it was onto American River, named for American fur sealers who sheltered there sometime in the 1800s.


We ate the most amazingly fresh oysters and marron for lunch - straight from the sea to your plates.







Then we headed towards Kingscote, stopping at Island Pure for a cheese and yohgurt tasting.  We bought heaps of different cheeses to have for our dinner - so delicious!








Lastly, we dropped by Kingscote, the main town on the island for a quick look around.  I managed to find a quilt/needlework shop, naturally!






If you want to backtrack to my earlier posts about Kangaroo Island, you can find them here....



Still a few more posts to come about Kangaroo Island, I hope that you are enjoying the photos.

hugs, 





9 comments:

KimM said...

Oh my, Kaye. Looks stunning 😄 And a grand time.
xxx

Julie said...

I've really enjoyed seeing you lovely pictures of your trip, didn't enjoy seeing your foot/toe, that does look painful. Hope you are not in too much pain.
Saddened to read of your dads troubles, I hope he is very happy in his new home when he moves in. Its hard being a child with an ageing parent.
xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like you are still having a wonderful time. Did you buy anything at the needlework shop?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye yes i am enjoying the posts and i cant wait till our holiday there,glad you found a patchwork shop ,i will look out for that one plus the cheese and wine place,boy what a marvelous trip you had ,thankyou for sharing .

Barb said...

How I have enjoyed these posts! My DH and I love time by the water so this would be the perfect place for us! Thank you so much for sharing the photos!

Bea said...

I'm so glad you share so many pictures with us. I feel like I get a real sense of the places you go and the scenery here is wonderful. Looks like a fun day!

Brigitte said...

This island must be a little paradise. Thanks for sharing all these pictures. I always enjoy some armchair traveling with you.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, that looks so beautiful! If I didn't know it was Down Under I'd think you were in Newfoundland or Labrador in Canada. :)

Heather said...

Great post so many pretty pictures! The color of the water in the first few is gorgeous!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...