Tuesday 2 June 2015

Thrillers.....

.... well, one good thing about being home sick for nearly two weeks is that you get to do a bit of reading!

I have recently finished two thrillers, both of which I can highly recommend as gripping reads.

Firstly, "The Farm" by Tom Robb Smith



"Daniel believed that his parents were enjoying a peaceful retirement on a remote farm in Sweden, the country of his mother's birth. But with a single phone call, everything changes. 
Your mother... she's not well, his father tells him. She's been imagining things - terrible, terrible things. In fact, she has been committed to a mental hospital. 
Before Daniel can board a plane to Sweden, his mother calls: Everything that man has told you is a lie. I'm not mad... I need the police... Meet me at Heathrow. 
Presented with a horrific crime, a conspiracy that implicates his own father, Daniel must examine the evidence and decide: who is telling the truth, his mother or his father? And he has secrets of his own that for too long he has kept hidden..." 
-from the publisher's website.

Here is a review of the novel in The Guardian.

Then I read, "Before I go to Sleep" by S.J. Watson.



"The novel is a psychological thriller about a woman suffering from anterograde amnesia.[6] She wakes up every day with no knowledge of who she is and the novel follows her as she tries to reconstruct her memories from a journal she has been keeping. She learns that she has been seeing a doctor who is helping her to recover her memory, that her name is Christine Lucas, that she is 47 years old and married and has a son. As her journal grows it casts doubts on the truth behind this knowledge as she determines to discover who she really is." - sadly, from Wikipedia (lol!)


.... and here is The Guardian's review.

I can recommend both of them, if you want a good read.

Now, just before I go, a reminder to comment on this post, if you would like to enter the draw for the Travelling Pattern:



Have a great day, everyone, 

hugs, 



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good you weren't bored Kaye ,I am so glad you are feeling better now xx

Barb said...

Thanks Kaye, I'm always happy to get ideas for books. It sounds like those were both very good and kept you from being bored while you were sick!

Tiffstitch said...

Thanks for the book ideas!

Bea said...

Always glad for recommendations of good stories. I'll have to check out my library for those.

Frances said...

Glad you're feeling better!
I wish I was a reader. That is something I've just never done, and I realize that others are much more well-read than I am. I just have other interests, but often wish I was a reader when conversations turn to good books!!! I just sit there and smile! ha

Gill - That British Woman said...

I'll pass on those books as I don't think I would be able to sleep reading those!! Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Margaret said...

Hmmm. I don't generally go for thrillers. lol! Hope you are back to normal now!

Brigitte said...

I love mysteries and thrillers, just not the real bloody ones, lol. They would give me creeps during the night. I'll be on the lookout for the two you recommend here.

KimM said...

oooo - I love a good thriller! Thank you for the reviews.
P.S. Please don't include me in the traveling pattern - I had it and stitched it - and LOVE it!!
xxx

Allie-oops Designs said...

I hope you're feeling better! Thanks for the book recommendations, they both sound very good!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...