Friday 6 July 2012

A worrying day...

I was working peacefully at work this morning when in the middle of a meeting I received a phone call from my sister... my Dad had just called an ambulance for my 90 year old mother!  She had been having chest pains all night and was having trouble breathing.

So, the ambulance came and took her to Emergency at Monash Medical Centre.  Naturally, my sister and I rushed to the hospital to be with her and my 92 year old father.  After a rather worrying afternoon spent in the emergency ward, my mother was finally diagnosed with a chest infection and some minor angina pain and sent home with antibiotics and an angina spray.

She is settled back in at home with Dad (they still live together in their own home - they have been married 66 years now!) and fingers crossed it has just been a hiccup.  My Dad is under strict instructions not to turn the central heating off at night (it has been a very cold winter so far) as my mother has always suffered from bronchitis but our government has just brought in a Carbon tax to offset the mining industry and there has been a lot of talk in the papers about how the cost of electricity etc is going to go up (although the government is giving subsidies to pensioners to offset the carbon offset - yes, confusing, I know!) and so they have been anxious about their next electricity bill!

I am finally home again, feeling rather drained and anxious about my Mum's health.  I am sure that she will be all right but you can't help but worry when she is so old. So, I would appreciate any prayers you can send her way.

Thanks for "listening", all my wonderful blogging friends - it means so much to me to be able to tell you all about it.

hugs,


23 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Many Many Prayers coming your way Kaye for your Mum...hugs to you xoxo

Monique said...

Hoping your mom heals quickly. Its amazing that both your parents are in their 90's. They must have a secret to good health and such a long marriage.

Shirlee said...

I will definitely pray for your mom as well as you & your dad. What a scare!

Anonymous said...

hope your mum gets better soon Kaye ,prayers and hugs coming her way and yours,take care.xx

lynda said...

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Take care

Peggy Lee said...

Sending prayers up for your Mom and your Dad...God bless them both!

Claudette497 said...

Worrying day indeed! PBS for her (and peace for you).

Faith... said...

Prayers going up for both of your parents and you.

Ewa said...

sending good thoughts your way, hoping and praying for their health and yours.

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Kaye
Sending good thoughts to your Mom. Hope she gets better soon.

gracie said...

Thinking of your mom...hope she is feeling better.

Wagapapa said...

Hope your mom gets better soon. Big hugs from here! xoxo

Catherine said...

What a worrisome time! Sending warm and healing thoughts and prayers!

Linda said...

Sending prayers right now for your Mom and Dad...it is hard having our parents getting older. Take care!

Bea said...

Prayers for your whole family. It's a scary thing when an elderly parent doesn't feel well. I'm sure you're glad you live close though. Wow, your parents are really doing well. Wishing them many more independent, healthy years.

diamondc said...

Blessings to your Parents it is a task to care for someone who is ill, I hope all turns out well for your Mother.
Blessings
catherine

Valma said...

I hope everything will be OK very soon
I send you many many many positive waves
big hugs
take care
xxxxx

sharine said...

Best wishes for your parents. Take care of yourself as well.

Christine M said...

Hope your mum gets well soon. Sending you hugs. Christine

Quilt Kitty said...

That's a very stressful day. I hope mum recovers well now they know what is wrong. Isn't it an awful situation with the electricity prices & many people worried about bills & how they can heat & cool their home. Our Govts really do not understand how normal people live in order to make ends meet. Hugs to you too. Tracee xx

butterfly said...

Hope your mother will be well soon , I have just had a chest infection and it is not nice, hugs.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Kaye,

So sorry to hear about your Mom's health
scare. I can just imagine how you must
have felt when you got that phone call from
your sister. Being home with your Dad
will help to make her recovery quicker
and easier I'm sure.

Imagine being married for 66 years! That is
so amazing.

Will be sending healing thoughts and prayers
for your Mom.

And you take care too!

Hugs!

valerie said...

So glad that your mom is doing ok after her health scare!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...